Payment Protection Insurance (sometimes referred to as “loan protection” or abbreviated as “PPI”) has been sold alongside credit agreements for years.
Whether you have a secured personal loan, a credit card, hire purchase agreement or mortgage, the purpose of this insurance is to ensure loan repayments were paid if you were unable to work through illness, made redundant or become incapacitated.
Why you can make a claim?
Some payment protection policies may have been “mis-sold”, and under these circumstances, you may be entitled to a refund. Examples of mis-sold PPI policies include:
- You did not realise that you were taking out a policy, and it was simply added to the loan without your knowledge
- You were not advised about the cost of the product or advised that you could look elsewhere for a cheaper product.
- You were told that the PPI was compulsory and you could not have the loan without
- The policy may not have been suitable for your needs at the time it was taken out, and would never have covered you in the event of a claim
- The extent of the policy was not properly described to you, and did not cover you for what you thought it would
- You may have been self employed, or not working, when the PPI was taken out
Over 2 million borrowers have already complained about PPI policies they were sold and thousands of successful claims have been pursued against lenders. It is estimated that lenders have set aside almost 8 billion pounds to deal with mis – sold PPI claims.
Resolve Solicitors have a dedicated team of professionals to deal with PPI claims and an assist you to claim your money back from lenders in a hassle free manner. Contact us today to see how we can help you and start claiming back that money you are owed.
Why choose us for your PPI claim?
- We are a firm of solicitors and not a claims management company
- We offer a free initial consultation with a solicitor
- We will handle your case on a No Win No Fee basis
- We do not charge registration or up front fees
- We set out clearly what our fees will be and there are no hidden charges